Kerala PSC Recruitment of Staff Nurse in Insurance Medical Services
Kerala PSC Notification
GAZETTE DATE : 27.02.2010 LAST DATE : 07.04.2010 CATEGORY No : 3^2010
|1.||Department||: Insurance Medical Services|
|2.||Name of post||: Staff Nurse|
|3.||Scale of pay||: Rs. 7480 – 11910|
|4.||No. of vacancies||: District – wise|
1. Thiruvananthapuram – ‘Anticipated’.
2. Kollam – 3 (Three)
3. Pathanamthitta – 1 (One)
4. Ernakulam – 2 (Two) 5 Trissur – 1 (One)
6. Palakkad – 1 (One) 7 . Kozhikode – 2 (Two) 8. Kannur – 2 (Two)
Note: 1. Separate ranked list will be prepared for each district in pursuance of this notification. The ranked list thus prepared and published by the Commission, shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year, subject to the condition that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised for appointment against the aforesaid vacancies and also against the vacancies, if any, reported during the currency of the list. In case no candidate is advised from the ranked list till the expiry of the period of three years the duration of the ranked list shall be extended for a further period of one year or till at least one candidate is advised from the list whichever is earlier.
- 2. Applications should not be sent to more than one District in response to this notification. If applications are sent contrary to the above direction and if he/she is selected his/her name will be removed from the ranked lists and disciplinary action will be taken against him/her. Candidates should note the name of the District concerned in the relevant column.
- 3. The selection in pursuance of this notification will be made on a Revenue District basis, subject to the special conditions laid down in G.O.(MS) No. 154/71/PD dated 27.5.1971. A candidate advised for appointment in the Revenue district from the ranked list prepared is not eligible for transfer to another district unless he/she completes 5 years continuous service from the date of commencement of service in the former district. Even if transfer is allowed after 5 years, it will be
subject to the rules in G.O.(MS) No. 4/61/PD dated 2.1.1961.
Candidates already in Government Service holding the same post in any one district are prohibited from applying again for this post, but they can apply to higher posts when notified.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6 . Age limit: Should have completed 18(Eighteen) years of age and should not have
completed 43 (Forty Three) years as on 1.1.2010. With usual age relaxation to SC/ST and Other backward communities.
Note:- For concessions allowed in upper age limit subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years. Please see para (2) of the general conditions under Part II of this notification.
7. Qualifications : -
(1) Pass in S.S.L.C or its equivalent.
(2) Successful training for a period of not less than three years in General Sick nursing.
(3) In the case of women candidates successful training for not less than nine months in Midwifery from an Institution recognised by the State government and in the case of male candidates successful completion of short term course in one or the other of the Nursing subjects of Venerology, Urology, Psychiatry, or Ophthalmology conducted In a major Hospital.
Note:- Those who have undergone successful training for not less than six months in midwifery will also be eligible for appointment as Staff Nurse (female) subject to the rules of reservation, rotation. Preference will be given to candidates who have undergone successful training for not less than nine months in Midwifery for the purpose of Direct recruitment to the post of Staff Nurse (Female).
(4) Certificate of Registration with the Kerala Nurses and Midwifery Council as Nurse in the case of male candidates and Nurses and Midwives in the case of female candidates.
Note:- (1) Those who have got themselves registered with other State/Central Nurses and Midwives Council could also apply. But they should get themselves registered with the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council before taking up appointment under Kerala State Government.
(2) Physically handicapped candidates are not eligible to apply for the post.
8. Last Date for receipt of applications : 07/04/2010 Wednesday upto 5 p.m.
9 Mode of sending application :-_
The applications can be submitted only by on line facility provided in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Detailed instruction regarding the submission of the application are available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission viz. www.keralapsc.org. No application fee is required the Candidates applying through On-line should keep the print out (Receipt) of their applications and the barcode number shall be quoted is all further enquiries/correspondence. Documents to prove qualifications, age and community etc. have to be produced as and when called for. Applications which are submitted not is accordance with the instruction given in the website will be summarily rejected.
10. Address to which application are to be sent: .www.keralapsc.org
Courtesy: Kerala PSC